The reel begins with the logo that I created to represent me
and a clip from the newest KMFDM (one of my favorite bands) song “Kunst.” As of
now I refer to myself as a designer as A.De Sando. It’s a shortened identity of
that which is me. The logo form itself is my handwriting…it’s one of my
favorite parts that make up me, so I figured that would help describe me. As
this demo reel is selling my work and me, I figured it was the best fit. The
texture is from a brick wall that I took while I was at Redondo Beach. California
in itself is and has been an inspiration for me over the last three years. The
specific tie to Redondo Beach also brings in my love of music through the Morrissey
song. I included all three animations that we did this semester to focus on
different aspects of my skills: kinetic type, kinetic motion, & the
combination.
The one
line logotype made a nice transition to the kinetic type animation and all of
the text falling, thus I felt it best to start the display of my skills slowly.
All three animations that I included have slightly different visual themes and
I wanted to make sure that the animations slide from serious to more emotional
prone. Aesthetically based on my logo and the visual aspects of the three
animations, I felt that it was best to transition from text to text and image
to full-blown narrative story. Based on the connotation that many have from me
and what I normally design, the order was also the best to leave the baby
krakens at the end. I felt that of the three animations that I did this
semester, the most successful was the narrative with the baby krakens so I
figured that it was best to end the reel on that animation.
logo(textured & non).
De Sando NA reel from Anna D on Vimeo.
the demo reel.

No comments:
Post a Comment