The object was to find inspiration for our How-To project and work with a partner to figure out connotations with the images. Below are my findings!
Connotations: creepy, dark, sad, scary, eerie, old, murder, negative, run down
http://www.noupe.com/photography/50-stunning-examples-urban-decay-photography.html
Connotations: retro, scary, creepy, engaging, old horror movie, 1940's, Resident Evil, death, negative, to the point, crisp, clean
payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/95144/1617824/Doublenaut_830.jpg
Connotations: creepy, weird vibe, old school carnival, intriguing, split, unsettling, monster, unnatural
Polygram Records, New York, New York, 1992
Connotations: old, dark, eerie, creepy, "bad for you," 1950's, detective, dirty, messy
Dyer/Kahn, Los Angeles, California, 1982
Connotations: coroner's office, detective, old, solemn, death, empty
latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/images/2007/08/04/1957_judy_dull_latimesb.jpg
Connotations: childish, fun, cute, spooky
Werner Design Werks, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2001
Connotations: negative, rebel, danger, humor, thrill
http://www.daleedwinmurray.com/IMAGES/MAINS/cops.gif
I was trying to find more humor/drawn examples of inspiration, but found that difficult to do. I am glad that I did find the two above pieces though; and it may be one of the ways that I take this assignment.







No comments:
Post a Comment