opening layout spread option 1.
opening layout spread option 2.
I was trying to go with the shape of the lightning bolt that Ziggy sometimes had on his face and using the outside of the shape create slashes in the name.
opening layout spread option 3.
My focus was on the pull out of the beginning of the article and splitting into two columns to establish the column width pattern for the rest of the article. Stardust is aligned to the right to meet the hard line of the image. The baseline of Stardust and the rise of ziggy is the same line, possibly reading as a different title i.e. Stardust the rise of Ziggy, which plays off of the fact that stardust is weightless, thus can easily move up and down, just like Ziggy!
second layout spread option 1.
My focus on this layout was to get rid of my orphans, make better decisions about column length, add in more photographs, and add back in the pull quote.
second layout spread option 2.
I kept my focus on changing up the pull out quote, smaller image layout and column lengths. I wanted to see what it would look like to have the quote more secluded and larger. I tried moving an image to the first page to try to break up some of the bulk text visually.
second layout spread option 3.
My focus on this layout was to bring more context into the images. I chose images that related directly to the text that was being stated. When there is the short story about Bowie's eyes bring different, I brought in a close up of Bowie's eyes. On the far right I brought in two images of inspirations that helped Ziggy become real.
third layout spread option 1.
I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate a part of the lightning bolt that helped to finish the article, but also go with the idea that Ziggy and Bowie have continued on. I pretty much followed the grid to a T on this layout.
third layout spread option 2.
I went for a different layout than the last option. I stuck with the red of the lightning bolt in the past spreads, but kept the color sold to bring more emphasis to the image of Ziggy with the bolt on his face. I feel that the image is more iconic of Ziggy, so it would be a good image to end the article with.
third layout spread option 3.
I went for a different layout for this one as well. I focused on using red for the quotes and a mostly solid white background to be the opposite of what the other spreads have been. This focus of concept is on who Ziggy became/what he looked like.









No comments:
Post a Comment