In class today, with the professor, we went over our booklet. We have another mock up, on the correct paper, in the style as directed by the professor due in class on Wednesday. The final is due Friday, where we will do a full Sophomore level Graphic Design review. Based off of feedback from Professor Lane I edited the image on the opening spread. I ended up matching the color scheme of that image to the rest of the book. I had much difficultly in finding the best way to make the image of the grass correspond with the rest of the book. I natural bright greens were distracting and cut into the already established in the rest of the book color scheme. After having been called out by Professor Lane for not using the grids correctly with everything aligning, I re-established the layout correctly spacing all elements on the various spreads.
I know that grids are important and establish balance throughout the whole piece, but I felt that my gut reaction to layout was the best choice. The little bit funny part about my "gut reaction" was that it could have impacted sooner had I have just stuck to the grids. I should have followed my mind reliving the editing of layouts from yearbook, literary magazine and newspaper in high school as well as the work I'd done at my last college; but I chose to ignore it.
I am pretty confident that the whole booklet is just about done. The only thing left to tweak is the possibility of changing the colors on the items on the actual timeline. Other than that, the rest of the book flows nicely together with the test, images, and color scheme.
front cover.
introduction spread2.
timeline spread1.
timeline spread2.
back cover.





No comments:
Post a Comment