We're getting down to our final poster renditions of our points of view of our objects. Based off of some meetings that I held with Professor Gray, as well as individual experimentation I narrowed my poster concepts down to one visual approach to each side. I ended up looking back at my over head transfer sheets and found some more inspiration to try a different approach to poster point of view two.
The differences in the poster for the first two has to do with how grass is represented in each. I had a lot of difficulty trying to secure a solid design with the representation of grass.
The part that works the best in this piece is the use of the lawn as one of the images within the family mark in the lower left hand corner. But I also feel that the composition is very centrally focused because of that. The only shapes in this piece is the family mark, which I feel limits the movement in the piece leaving it very static.
I added another family memory associate with the lawn into the lower left family mark, and felt that it added more to the composition. The grass though feels a bit out of place and too forced. I was also told that it seemed like just an added element to the composition, so not adding to the message positively.
The differences in the next two images is the directional tilt of the main pieces of the composition.
The part about this composition that I really enjoyed is the use of an almost center alignment. It holds one main focal point that does bring you up and down the poster, but just in one solid line. I feel that with this layout there is no connection to the background, as if it is a separate aspect that makes no connection to tie into the rest of the composition.
I have the main composition collection on the bottom corner in this one, with the hope that the normal gesture of going diagonally is used for emphasis. I think this layout more successfully uses the whole poster composition. There is definitely more of a flow in this composition, but there is still a disconnect from the background.
This last image is based off of a transparency overlapping that I did.
Professor Gray made a comment that it might be good to go back to what I was working with before and see if I see any other possible solutions to the problem that we're solving. It felt good to kind of start over again and look differently at the assets that I'd created and see in what ways they could relate to one another.





No comments:
Post a Comment