Determine subject: Kurt Vonnegut
Research: In his books and short stories, Vonnegut makes fun of himself, and leans heavily on sarcasm and humor. Short biography about his life is: he was in the army, laughs often in his stories whether at his main character or at others, self-reflective and deals with fragmented movement of time. All of his stories has at least one story about something that happened to him or relates to him; could be the fact that the character is in the army, uses extreme sarcasm, or odd use of humor.
Determine at least 3 objects to pertain to subject: mirror, clock, army men
Item Set-Up Ideas: Use several mirrors to reflect the clock multiple times but at different angles to portray the fragmented time/odd movement of time. Trying hanging pieces of mirror from fishing line. Possible addition of extra clock hands to be hung or placed on set up.
To try to figure out a good layout, I decided to set up the scene and take some photographs to then sketch. I really liked the layout of the first few photographs that I took of the layout before I added the quote and name. I am trying to get as much of the clock in the different mirrors as possible. I liked how in the quote, there was the shadow of the quote on the ground - very cool addition. I know the light got into some of the photographs. I know that it will be difficult to take the photograph to make sure that I am not in the shot or any of the background, but I am not excited for the concept!
No comments:
Post a Comment