Based off of the class critique today I am currently advancing my typographic Persuading Vote poster for AIGA. Below are the variations that I have come to by the end of the day. I am still not quite at the correct answer, but I am getting closer.
There had been a comment about creating a "chaotic" grouping of letters near the top of the layout and have the statement more clumped together near the bottom. The first few tests looked closer to a tree, and here was the attempt at trying to flow the chaotic letter grouping down to the statement.
I moved back to the chaotic grouping of letters around the statement, but expanded the grouping to cover the length and width of the page. The idea was to be closer to a visual illustration of the statement with the chaotic letters on the outside pulling together to create the statement in the center.
I added made each line its own statement and pulled the full statements together. I wanted to emphasis to be on voting, but to also read the statements to explain the chaotic layout above.
I felt that there was more impact on voting, when the statement with vote was on its own, not lumped with the other two statements. Then I did some experimenting with the amount of space between the statements.






No comments:
Post a Comment