Friday, September 13, 2013

15 scenarios updated.

MUSICIANS
Need: I need help professionally mixing my record.
Solution: A video/tutorial section holds user-made and uploaded videos to help with various mixing software. Users are able to contact professionals in the recording business that may offer up advice, trouble shooting or help mix for a cheaper price. Users can record in real time, with others.
Platform: Web, Speculative

Need: I need to form a band.
Solution: Via the online hub, members are able to view any band’s history of how they got to where they are on their profile. This covers how all members of the band met, where they bought their instruments, learned, played, etc. Upon finding a band with which they identify, users are able to contact the band and “audition.”
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need to join an existing band.
Solution: Via the use of an online forum users can post about different kinds of members that are needed for their band. Users can also post what instrument they play and state that they want to be in a band.  
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need to judge my band’s growth.
Solution: Via the online hub, bands/ musicians are able to track all of their events including the number of attendees at the event, size of the venue, the number of fans/friends on the hub. Bands/ musicians have access to view their private analytics, charting their views, feedback, fans, record sales, etc.
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need quick feedback to music in real time.
Solution: Bands/ musicians are able to connect to other bands/ musicians and play their song-in-progress so that they may receive feedback quickly and in real time. This allows users to have constructive conversation with one another.
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need to be able to access instruments that I don’t have.
Solution: Users are able to select instruments and pull them into “the real world.” Users can add changes in musical arrangement to the song, then upload back online and submit to the band.
Platform: Speculative

Need: I need feedback on my lyrics.
Solution: Bands/ musicians are able to handwrite or type their lyrics via a “notepad” while “on the go” and can post online to get quick feedback. There would be an interactive feature allowing the artist and fans to circle/write on the lyrics on points where work should be made or possible wording changes.
Platform: iPhone, Speculative, Web

FANS
Need: I need to support local/indie music.
Solution: Users have the ability to sort through different criteria such as location, specific forms of promotion needed, estimated amount of time to post materials/promote, genre of bands, points each post is worth, etc. Fans receive points for attending events and tweeting or posting about the events. The points earned by fans can later be redeemed to get free tickets to events put on in the community. Fans are also featured on the online hub as top promoters in a specific category that allows bands to find specific kinds of promoters.
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need to get this specific band to come to my city.
Solution: An interactive itinerary exists within the online space, allowing fans to work together to bring musicians to their community. The itinerary consists of information to be filled out by bands. This information includes: a place to crash, a venue, eating options, cost estimation, etc. The itinerary  is sent to the bands/ musicians for review. This eliminates some normal touring costs, as well as time spent planning.
Platform: Online

MUSICIANS + FANS
Need: I need a place to stay.
Solution: Musicians can select the day of and location at which they will be playing. The app brings up information depicting the different available locations and ratings and has information of people to contact in the area. All locations state which musicians have stayed at each location. The band’s profile page states which places they have stayed.
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need a venue to perform at.
Solution: Users have the ability to select the details of their performance: location/size (house/bar/amphitheater), cost to rent/play, time of day, day of week, location distance from where they are staying. Users can place in contact information + some mp3s, to later be contacted by the facilities to see whether or not they were accepted to perform.
Platform: Online

Need: I need to create a better connection with my fans.
Solution: Via the online hub, the musicians have the ability to give access to fans/promoters of their touring, recording, or any other aspects of their daily life via their profile posts. Musicians can use an app that allows fans to “follow in their steps” via geo-tracking, coordinates, and photo or text posts. Musicians will be able to create contests for fans to figure out where they are based on those posts or reveal places to pick up “rare” band artifacts.
Platform: iPhone

Need: I need to promote my band.
Solution: The online hub would allow each band/musician to have their own profile. Within the community, the band and other fans could recommend other sites to go on to help promote. There is a trade off system to aid in promoting information about bands/musicians via physical printouts to be placed in public places, tweets or other forms of promotion about new music, events, etc. Fans are to take a photo or screenshot to prove their promotion and upload it to their page, wherein the bands/musicians reward the fan with points to be redeemed for mp3s, free merchandise, or tickets to a show.
Platform: iPhone, Web

Need: I need to get involved in a new city’s music scene, because I just moved here.
Solution: There is a physical space that has a digital projected layout of the city on all of the walls. Users have the ability to experience the city and see the top places to know. This would also allow Bands/ musicians to experience what the venues look like, to easier decide which venues that are best suited for their music. Bands could also test to see what their music would sound like in those venues, similar to a sound check.
Platform: Speculative

Need: I need to buy or sell new instruments.
Solution: Speculative technology allows instruments to be scanned and “read.” Interested buyers “download” instruments and bring them into “the real world,” in which they are able to test the instrument out. Downloads are limited to only 5-10 minutes of use, to eliminate negative possibilities.  This allows users to see the condition of the instrument.
Platform: Speculative 

No comments:

Post a Comment