Wednesday, October 12, 2011

POV Pre-work/Beginning of Assets

I struggled a lot with this project in the beginning.  I never had really thought about how to separate image from word.  I am used to the two objects being linked - but in this project we were not only thinking literally, but we were thinking symbolically.  And I really struggled with this aspect, so I did not have too many iterations of the various ways to show the words.  Below are two images, one of each point of view that I felt were closer to where I needed to be.  After going in to talk to my professor I was able to get more so on the track that I needed to be on towards the end of the project.  So that is why my pre-work is lacking.  I also realized that the reason finding images was so hard, especially for my second point of view was because my topics were still too broad.  Once I refined my point of view paragraphs, it was easier to find the images that corresponded with my topics.  Initially we were told to find/create: photographs, symbols, icons, colors, marks, text, and illustrations that dealt with each word that we chose.  What is pictured below is my better collection of that.


Point of View 1: Family Emotions

Point of View 2: Alternative Lawn Use

No comments:

Post a Comment